Items to Consider — Stripe Shirts
Words by Patter
With colder months comes outfit layering. Nothing lays the foundation better than a crisp striped shirt.
Smart but really easy to wear, find the right one and you’ll pull it out whatever might be in the diary. Wear oversized to keep things relaxed, and only tuck in to live your Working Girl fantasies. While it might signal ‘pulled-together’, this is actually an item that works hard so you don’t have to. From the artistic feel of Studio Nicholson’s Wirth to Balenciaga’s wonderfully wonky executive realness, we hope you’ll find a shirt to satisfy. The only bad news? Ironing is essential.
1. Martin Margiela, Oversize Stripe Shirt, £295 at The Broken Arm
2. Studio Nicholson, Wirth Shirt, £325
3. Maryam Nassir Zadeh, Antibes Button-Down at Garmentory
4. COS Oversized Tailored Shirt, £59, Organic Cotton
5. Cristaseya, Striped Classic Collar Shirt, £390 at Wood Wood
6. Balenciaga, Oversized Asymmetric Cotton Shirt, £775 at Net-a-Porter